Sara Holoubek is the CEO and founder of Luminary Labs, a consultancy that develops strategies and innovation systems to help Fortune 500, government, and nonprofit organizations thrive in the face of change. She is also an active early stage investor.
Sara is a director and former chair of the Step Up National Board, a nonprofit that propels girls from under-resourced communities to fulfill their potential by empowering them to become confident, college-bound, career-focused, and ready to join the next generation of professional women. Sara’s previous advisory roles include serving on the inaugural RWJF Pioneer Fund Advisory Group and the Aspen Health Innovation Project Planning Committee.
Sara has been widely quoted in publications such as Fast Company, The Washington Post and WSJ.com. She has been recognized by LinkedIn as a 2017 Top Voice in Technology, Mashable as a female founder to watch, SmartCEO magazine as a 2017 New York Brava award winner, and PepsiCo WIN for her contributions to women in technology. Her company has been profiled in business books, Geek Girl Rising, Here’s the Plan, The Big Enough Company, and Stiletto Network. She also serves as a frequent guest lecturer on the subjects of technology and innovation.
Prior to founding Luminary Labs, Sara served as the Chief Strategy Officer of iCrossing and President of SEMPO, the global trade organization for the search marketing industry. Sara also brings an international perspective to her work, having lived and worked in Latin America and Europe; she is fluent in Spanish and French, and conversant in Portuguese. She holds a B.A. from the University of Iowa and an M.B.A. from HEC in France.
- Affordable innovations with live-saving potential
- Celebrating 9 years of problem-solving
- A conversation with Christofer Nelson
- 5 reflections on 10 years of digital health
- Introducing the State of Open Innovation
- Planning 2030: the one sure thing
- Is this tech’s seatbelt moment?
- After the challenge: a look at open innovation outcomes
- A first look at our new website
- Rise of the health tech ethicist
- The most important prize incentive isn't what you think
- Measuring open innovation outcomes
- What non-traditional data can tell us about cities, health, politics, and commerce
- The voice tech explainer: what you need to know in 2018
- 21st century priorities
- What every executive should know about BlackRock's new imperative
- Not another reading list
- 7 lessons learned from $5 million in open innovation prizes
- Automation, education, and the future of work: a reading list
- Voice technology isn’t just a trend; it’s a paradigm shift
- Reading list: 10 articles that make sense of the ‘voice-first’ future
- Hype vs. reality: The AI explainer
- 5 of healthcare's hardest nuts to crack
- The future of humans: A 2017 reading list
- I'll be online later
- Corporate America, meet the maker movement
- Choosing parity
- Women, tech, and the feds
- The Human Company Design Manifesto
- What 10 innovation teams look like
- The problems that matter
- 10 trends transforming healthcare in 2015
- How CEOs can actually take family leave