Workplace Experience Manager
As Luminary Labs returns to the office on a hybrid schedule — combining the best of in-person and remote work — this role will serve as the backbone of our new operating model, ensuring a positive and inclusive experience for all team members.
Beyond the core tasks of executing the initial office restart strategy and overseeing the day-to-day needs of the physical and virtual workplace, this role will flex to support evolving business operations and people ops needs.
This could be a full-time or part-time role to start, reporting to the Head of Business Operations and working with team members to achieve operational excellence.
You have a positive, can-do attitude and thrive in a small, collaborative environment.
You’re hospitality-focused: As the first point of contact for many of our clients, candidates, and partners, you take pride in representing the company professionally and making everyone feel welcome.
People love to work with you. They know you’ve got their backs.
You have a good eye and care about the details, big and small. You’re meticulous in maintaining organized and efficient spaces.
Your prioritization, time management, and follow-through is top notch. You ask the right questions and have a strong ability to work both independently and collaboratively. You exhibit good judgment and common sense. If you see a way to improve a process, you offer up solutions.
Trajectory is important for you, and your next-next role is a more senior position within the field of business operations and/or people ops. You may be interested in learning about various aspects of general management, running a small business, and/or running a professional services firm.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Main point of contact for workplace operations with a focus on providing a positive experience for team members and guests.
- Oversee the day-to-day appearance of our facilities and partner with service providers to ensure our physical spaces are clean, functional and presentable at all times; proactively ensure any facility issues are resolved quickly.
- Serve as the ‘go-to’ for existing and new technology to optimize hybrid collaboration and productivity.
- Engage team members at all levels to conceptualize, plan, and deliver on initiatives to positively impact workplace culture.
- Support client meetings, including catering coordination, A/V support, and hospitality.
- Assist with new hire onboarding and experience.
- Ensure workplace health and safety protocols are updated and communicated in a timely manner.
- Support monthly closing, including call for timesheets and expense reports, as well as completion of monthly credit card and company expense reconciliation.
- General Front and Back of House operations, including answering phones;ensuring office supplies and pantry items are maintained and fully stocked; assisting with copying, printing, and shipping needs; supervising the maintenance of office equipment, including copier/printer, computers, and software.
- Provide senior leadership support as needed, including setting appointments, managing calendars, travel, expense filing, etc.
- Ad hoc requests as needed.
- 5+ years of experience in office management / administration roles.
- Experience working in a small office (15-50 employees); familiarity with client services environment is a huge plus.
- Stellar communication skills and a high EQ, with an ability to strike the right tone in email and verbal communications.
- Good technological literacy and ability to quickly learn and navigate the full functionality of new tools; experience with Mac OS, G Suite, Dropbox, MS Office, Zoom, and other web-based applications (Slack, Notion).
- Demonstrated work experience in organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Quick learner who is eager to absorb feedback.
- Super-flexible, adaptable, realistic, practical, and agile.
- Thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Professional, reliable, and discreet.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S. No agencies, please.
Investing in people is a high priority.
- Competitive compensation and formal bonus structure
- Health benefits package (80% of premium is covered for health, dental, and vision)
- Competitive vacation package
- Paid family leave
- 401k plan with matching
- Pre-tax transit check
- Cell-phone reimbursement
- Fitness reimbursement
- Education stipend and growth opportunities
- Charitable donation matching
- Opportunities to mentor and be mentored