Engagement Manager – Veteran Health Innovation
Please note that our team has embraced a hybrid model for our five-day work week, with two synchronous days in the office and three days wherever you work best. This role is based in New York City and will join our team in the office on Tuesdays and Wednesdays most weeks.
You are known for your consulting chops and strong client EQ, having worked with and for leaders as a trusted advisor implementing high-profile and large-scale programs. You have experience with the U.S. military or the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs in some capacity — perhaps these organizations have been your clients, or maybe you or your family member served. You have incredible attention to detail and can build and run a project plan in your sleep. You are independent, ready to take on tricky projects, and able to autonomously guide clients towards a solution.
You are enthusiastic about open innovation and the broad playing field it provides. You care about the impact your work has on the world and have been looking for a career path that is both high-performance and high-impact. You are passionate about working at the intersection of emerging technologies and the problems that matter.
You are a leader who empowers your team to achieve excellence. You want to grow a team and own a portfolio of innovative work. Even more, you want to expand that portfolio and own entire project focus areas. You know how to give regular feedback and effectively delegate. People love working with you, and for you.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Serve as a client advisor. Earn respect and trust of our corporate, nonprofit, and government clients. Know the conditions for success and persevere to make change happen in large organizations.
- Lead the vision. Bring transformative thinking to our clients, while understanding the conditions for success within their environments. Translate said thinking into tangible programs that meet client goals.
- Lead the team. Serve as the ultimate owner of all project deliverables including project plan, content, format, and storytelling. Work closely with your multidisciplinary team to ensure flawless execution, staying on top of the many moving pieces.
- Connect the dots. Have your finger on the pulse of your clients’ industries, including the role of incumbents and newcomers. Identify key nodes in any given industry network, participate in industry events, stay abreast of relevant news and trends, and tap into the network to drive value for our clients.
- Drive business growth. Lead the development of new business proposals and pitches and deepen value with existing clients. Support company growth by participating in the ongoing recruitment of talent.
- MBA or equivalent experience
- 6-8+ years experience working with clients (especially in the healthcare innovation and strategy space) who trust you implicitly
- A plus, but not required: lived, proximal experience in the U.S. military and/or the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs — including experience as a family member or loved one of a Veteran
- Proven leader who knows how to build and inspire a team; passionate about the career trajectory of those around you
- Early adopter of emerging technology for networking and intelligence gathering
- Are super-flexible, adaptable, realistic, practical, and agile
- Thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Interest in education or digital health is a plus
The total compensation package for this role includes a base salary in the range of $125,000 to $145,000 plus a discretionary annual performance bonus. The starting salary for this role is at the lower bound of the salary range; an individual’s starting salary will depend on the individual’s relevant knowledge, skills, and experience.
Follow the link below to apply. The application asks for a resume and cover letter. In your cover letter, show us three examples of ideas, companies, or teams that you consider to be at the forefront of innovation. Let us know your availability for employment. You may also provide us examples of your own work or thinking online (blog posts, Slideshare examples).
Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S. No recruiting agencies, please.
We invest in the benefits that matter.
- Competitive compensation and formal bonus structure
- Health benefits package (80% of premium is covered for health, dental, and vision)
- Competitive vacation package
- Paid family leave
- 401k plan with matching
- Pre-tax transit check
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Fitness reimbursement
- Education stipend and growth opportunities
- Charitable donation matching
- Opportunities to mentor and be mentored