Director, Future of Health
This role will engage with private-sector and public-sector leaders at the forefront of health and technology, and lead multidisciplinary teams to accelerate innovation and launch groundbreaking programs.
Over the last decade, Luminary Labs has helped life sciences and healthcare organizations innovate while balancing near-term expectations. Representative engagements include strategy (measuring the impact of an improved experience on the vaccination rate, making a smarter bet on digital health), bringing products to life (prototyping software and hardware solutions), and accelerating innovation (The Alexa Diabetes Challenge, The Mood Challenge for ResearchKit.)
We are agile, “no surprises” consultants who work hand-in-hand with our clients to make smart bets on the future. To help organizations “make it real,” we conduct design and desk research, convene multidisciplinary stakeholders, facilitate alignment among partners, map ecosystems, create frameworks for thoughtful and considered decision-making, build scenarios around opportunity areas, select pathways, design and prototype solutions — and ultimately, operationalize and launch new initiatives. When the bets are big and the stakes are high, our clients come to us for rapid alignment, smart strategies, and agile execution.
This is a full-time role in New York City reporting to the President.
About youYou are known for your strategy chops and strong client EQ, having worked with and for leaders as a trusted advisor. You care deeply about making your clients successful and have been looking for a career path that is both high-performance and high-impact.
You are passionate about the intersection of health and technology and know that bringing digital solutions to life requires an equal appreciation for strategy and agile execution. You are comfortable helping clients evaluate shiny objects and discover real opportunities to create value. You are curious about the world around you and love connecting stakeholders across ecosystems to deepen impact.
You know how to inspire teams to design and execute high-quality and high-impact work. You are a leader who empowers your team to achieve excellence. People love working with you and for you. They know you’ve got their backs. You have a positive, can-do attitude and thrive in small teams and collaborative environments.
Roles and Responsibilities
- 8-10+ years of experience; at least 4-5 years of working with clients who trust you implicitly; experience helping pharma innovate is a plus.
- Proven experience inspiring and guiding the strategy, design, and execution of high-quality and impactful digital health engagements; comfortable doing so in the presence of constraints.
- Direct experience in one or more of the following is required: strategy formation, design research, prototyping, accelerators, and/or open innovation.
- Dialed into the health tech community; ability to connect dots to deepen insights; experience finding, connecting to, and developing relationships with external stakeholders.
- Proven leader who knows how to build and inspire a team; passionate about the career trajectory of those around you.
- MBA or equivalent experience.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Stellar communication and presentation skills with a high EQ, demonstrating an ability to strike the right tone with clients.
- Good technological literacy and ability to quickly navigate the full functionality of tools such as Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Dropbox, Google Docs, and Slack.
- Ability to structure thinking in an easy-to-follow manner.
- Are super-flexible, adaptable, realistic, practical, and agile.
- Thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
Follow the link below to apply. The application asks for a resume and cover letter. In your cover letter, please provide 1) three examples of ideas, companies, or teams you consider to be at the forefront of innovation in health; 2) one or two brief stories that illustrate your approach to management and leadership; and 3) availability for full-time employment.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States. No agencies, please.
Investing in people is a high priority.
- Competitive compensation and formal bonus structure
- Health benefits package (80% of premium is covered for health, dental, and vision)
- Competitive vacation package
- Paid family leave
- 401k plan with matching
- Pre-tax transit check
- Cell-phone reimbursement
- Fitness reimbursement
- Education stipend and growth opportunities
- Charitable donation matching
- Opportunities to mentor and be mentored