You have extensive experience in B2B digital communications and marketing, either as part of an in-house team or in an agency or consulting environment. You get excited about identifying and defining an audience, crafting messaging, and working with a team to form and deploy an effective communications strategy. You love driving impact through a well-run campaign; knowing the ins and outs of digital platforms, you look forward to discussing analytics and optimizing accordingly.
You care about the impact your work has on the world and have been looking for a career path that is both high-performance and high-impact. Our work spans a broad cross section of topics across four focus areas, and we power programs such as the Rural Tech Project, Neuromod Prize, and LymeX Diagnostics Prize. This role would identify creative communications opportunities and amplify our programs. No matter how nuanced the topic, you are a clear communicator; you can quickly get up to speed on complex topics and connect the dots between them to tell a compelling story.
You are a leader who empowers your team to achieve excellence. You know how to give regular feedback and effectively delegate. People love working with you — and for you.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Lead communications efforts for our clients. Develop the communications strategy for public-facing prize competitions and other client campaigns. Oversee outreach list building, audience analysis, and message development. Ensure high-impact campaign execution, including pitching press, managing online communities, producing content, and monitoring analytics.
- Bring writing excellence. Create, as well as help refine, communications materials for client projects, including press releases, blog posts, email newsletters, and social media content. Work closely with the team to deliver flawless execution, bringing a high attention to detail.
- Serve as a communications expert. Have your finger on the pulse of the latest marketing news and trends by attending events, classes, and/or following relevant online resources. Proactively share best practices and expertise with the team and our clients.
- 7-9+ years work experience in tech-savvy marketing and communications.
- Demonstrated experience leading large-scale integrated communications programs; this includes developing the strategy and managing social media campaigns, communities, and press outreach.
- Proven leader who knows how to inspire a team; passionate about the career trajectory of those around you.
- Excellent verbal skills and a high EQ; know how to translate communications strategy clearly to internal and client teams.
- Experience working with influencers and identifying press and event opportunities.
- High level of familiarity with Google Analytics and social media analytics
- High adaptability to new organizational cultures; you are agile, realistic, and practical, and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
Please submit your cover letter and resume. We know that many communications/marketing professionals specialize in a particular area, such as social media or public relations; in your cover letter, describe your strengths and how you hope to grow in your next role. Please also include three examples of marketing programs that you consider to be innovative.
Let us know your availability for employment. You may also send us examples of your own work or thinking (e.g., blog posts, Slideshare examples).
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States. No recruiting agencies, please.
We invest in the benefits that matter.
- Competitive compensation and formal bonus structure
- Health benefits package (80% of premium is covered for health, dental, and vision)
- Competitive vacation package
- Paid family leave
- 401k plan with matching
- Pre-tax transit check
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Fitness reimbursement
- Education stipend and growth opportunities
- Charitable donation matching
- Opportunities to mentor and be mentored