Senior Communications Associate
You have experience in B2B digital communications and marketing, either as part of an in-house team or in an agency or consulting environment. You get excited about identifying and defining an audience, crafting messaging, and working with a team to form and deploy an effective communications strategy. You love driving impact through a well-run campaign; knowing the ins and outs of digital platforms, you look forward to checking your web and social analytics, and optimizing accordingly.
You care about the impact your work has on the world and have been looking for a career path that is both high-performance and high-impact. We power programs such as KidneyX, MagQuest, and Tool Foundry; this role would help identify creative communications opportunities and amplify our work. No matter how nuanced the topic, you are a clear communicator; you can quickly get up to speed on complex topics and connect the dots between them to tell a compelling story.
People love to have you on their team. You love to be part of a team. You are known for your high attention to detail, clear communications, and fresh thinking.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Support communications efforts for our clients. Contribute to communications strategy and planning for public-facing prize competitions and other client campaigns. Lead outreach list building, audience analysis, and message development. Manage campaign execution, including pitching press, managing online communities, producing content, and monitoring analytics.
- Bring writing excellence. Take the lead on drafting communications materials for client projects, including blog posts, press releases, email newsletters, and social media posts.
- Serve as a communications advisor. Stay current on the latest marketing news and trends by attending events, classes, and/or following relevant online resources. Proactively share best practices and expertise with the team.
- 4-5+ years work experience in tech-savvy marketing, communications, or business development; this includes 2-3 years experience working in an agency, consultancy, startup, or with corporate clients.
- Demonstrated experience supporting large-scale integrated communications programs; this includes managing social media campaigns, communities, and press outreach.
- Familiarity with Google Analytics and social media analytics.
- Experience researching and identifying influencers and press/event opportunities.
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Superb writing chops; experience developing digital content to activate audiences.
- Excellent verbal skills and a high EQ; know how to translate communications strategy to internal and client teams.
- Ability to learn new platforms or tools quickly; experience with Mailchimp and WordPress a plus.
- Strong record as a high performer in academic, volunteer, or work activities, with noted leadership accomplishments.
- High adaptability to new organizational cultures; you are agile, realistic, and practical, and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
Follow the link below to apply. The application asks for a resume and cover letter. We know that many communications/marketing professionals specialize in a particular area, such as social media or public relations; in your cover letter, describe your strengths and how you hope to grow in your next role. Please also include three examples of marketing programs that you consider to be innovative.
Let us know your availability for employment. You may also send us examples of your own work or thinking online (blog posts, Slideshare examples).
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States. No recruiting agencies, please.
Investing in people is a high priority.
- Competitive compensation and formal bonus structure
- Health benefits package (80% of premium is covered for health, dental, and vision)
- Competitive vacation package
- Paid family leave
- 401k plan with matching
- Pre-tax transit check
- Cell-phone reimbursement
- Fitness reimbursement
- Education stipend and growth opportunities
- Charitable donation matching
- Opportunities to mentor and be mentored