Open Innovation Associate
Please note that our team has embraced a hybrid model for our five-day work week, with two synchronous days in the office and three days wherever you work best. This role is based in New York City and will join our team in the office on Tuesdays and Wednesdays most weeks.
You enjoy solving problems, large and small, and think both critically and expansively in doing so. You have experience super-flexing across a range of activities, sometimes outside of your comfort zone. Your are hungry to learn and grow while delivering results that exceed client expectations.
You care about the impact your work has on the world and have been looking for a career path that is both high-performance and high-impact.
People love to have you on their team. You love to be part of a team.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Lead program design. Develop essential program content elements (call to action, criteria, incentives, timelines), craft and lead portions of presentations (client workshops, public-facing webinars), and support execution of critical events (boot camps and demo days).
- Program and project execution. Support elements of the programs (which run from six months to three years), including strategy, communications, visual design, web development, outreach, judging, and events. Develop, own, and manage the overall project work plans. Coordinate with internal teams (strategy, communications, design) on workstreams to ensure high-quality execution and deliverables.
- Communications and outreach. Help develop the voice of the challenge and increase awareness by providing input into the social media strategy, authoring blog posts, and supporting outreach to the innovator community.
- Client service. Earn respect and trust of our clients to serve as a go-to point of contact, including responding to requests, coordinating meetings, developing agendas and reports, and communicating updates and action items. Maintain empathy and perseverance to ensure successful execution of the program.
- Open innovation champion. Keep your finger on the pulse of what is going on within the open innovation landscape, expand and deepen our capabilities, and be an internal expert on open innovation.
- Connect the dots. Quickly get up to speed on new client industries, and keep your finger on the pulse of incumbents and newcomers. Identify key nodes in any given industry network, participate in industry events, stay abreast of relevant news and trends, tap into the network to drive value for our clients, and contribute to thought leadership work.
- 2-4 years of experience; client services experience a huge plus.
- Demonstrated work and/or educational experience in synthesizing data, drawing meaningful insights, and providing actionable strategies.
- Exceptional attention to detail – quick to catch internal inconsistencies in documents and strong ability to recall key insights and decisions that impact project thinking.
- Stellar communication skills and a high EQ, with an ability to strike the right tone with clients in e-mails and verbal communications.
- Passionate about technology, and the opportunities it presents to our clients.
- Good technological literacy and ability to quickly learn and navigate the full functionality of tools like Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Dropbox, and Google Docs.
- Quick learner who is eager to absorb feedback.
- Enjoy solving complex problems using analytic and creative methods.
- Ability to structure thinking in an easy to follow manorHave a strong record as a high performer in academic, volunteer, or work activities, with noted leadership accomplishments.
- Strong numeracy; Excel skills a plus.
- Entrepreneurial mindset, but experience working with corporate clients.
- Are super-flexible, adaptable, realistic, practical, and agile.
- Thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
The total compensation package for this role includes a base salary in the range of $75,000 to $90,000 plus a discretionary annual performance bonus. The starting salary for this role is at the lower bound of the salary range; an individual’s starting salary will depend on the individual’s relevant knowledge, skills, and experience.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S. No recruiting agencies, please.
We invest in the benefits that matter.
- Competitive compensation and formal bonus structure
- Health benefits package (80% of premium is covered for health, dental, and vision)
- Competitive vacation package
- Paid family leave
- 401k plan with matching
- Pre-tax transit check
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Fitness reimbursement
- Education stipend and growth opportunities
- Charitable donation matching
- Opportunities to mentor and be mentored