You have experience in B2B digital marketing/ communications, either as part of an in-house team or in an agency or consulting environment. You get excited about identifying and defining an audience and are eager to learn from our high-performing team how to form an effective communications strategy. You love driving impact through a well-run campaign; knowing the ins and outs of digital platforms, you look forward to checking your web and social analytics, and optimizing accordingly.
You care about the impact your work has on the world and have been looking for a career path that is both high-performance and high-impact. You are excited to work on projects focused on the opioid crisis, democratizing science, closing the skills gap, stemming chronic disease, and more.
People love to have you on their team. You love to be part of a team. You are known for your high attention to detail, clear communications, and fresh thinking.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Support communications efforts for our clients and company marketing. Contribute to communications strategy and planning for public-facing prize competitions and Luminary Labs campaigns. Support building outreach lists, forming audience insights, and developing messaging. Manage campaign execution, including pitching press, posting social content, and monitoring analytics.
- Drive business visibility and development. Manage Luminary Labs’ marketing calendar, including researching award, event, and speaking opportunities. Track the performance of Luminary Labs campaigns and identify and research leads. Support our company events and presence at industry events.
- Lead community management. Serve as community manager for Luminary Labs’ social media channels and draft social content.
- Bring writing excellence. Take the lead on drafting communications materials for client projects, including blog posts, press releases, email newsletters, and social media posts. Contribute to Luminary Labs web content and blog posts.
- Serve as a communications advisor. Stay current on the latest marketing news and trends by attending events, classes, and/ or following relevant online resources. Proactively share best practices and expertise with the team.
- 2-4+ years work experience in tech-savvy marketing, communications, or business development; this includes 1-2 years experience working in an agency, consultancy, startup, or with corporate clients
- Experience supporting large-scale integrated communications programs; this includes managing social media campaigns and communities
- Familiar with Google Analytics and social media analytics
- Comfortable researching and tracking prospects, as well as identifying influencers and press/ event opportunities
- High attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills
- Superb writing chops; experience developing digital content to activate audiences
- Excellent verbal skills and a high EQ; know how to translate communications strategy to internal and client teams
- Quickly get up to speed on new platforms or tools; experience with MailChimp and WordPress a plus
- Have a strong record as a high performer in academic, volunteer, or work activities, with noted leadership accomplishments
- Easily adapt to new organizational cultures
- Are super-flexible, realistic, practical, and agile
- Thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
Candidates must be authorized to work in the US. No agencies please.
Investing in people is a high priority.
- Competitive compensation and formal bonus structure
- Health benefits package (80% of premium is covered for health, dental, and vision)
- Competitive vacation package
- Paid family leave
- 401k plan with matching
- Pre-tax transit check
- Cell-phone reimbursement
- Fitness reimbursement
- Education stipend and growth opportunities
- Charitable donation matching
- Opportunities to mentor and be mentored