Freelance UX Designer
New York or remote
Luminary Labs seeks a freelance UX Designer to support ongoing improvements to the latest version of Luminary Lightbox, our proprietary challenge management software. This is a remote, part-time engagement (2-3 days per week for 4 weeks), with the potential for longer-term contract work.
Luminary Lightbox is an application management tool that supports internal and external workflows for innovation challenges and prize competitions, such as submitting and evaluating submissions.
Role and responsibilities
This work involves developing and implementing improvements to high-priority Lightbox features for administrators and reviewers.
- Working with the Luminary Lightbox team to evaluate current features and prioritize requests.
- Creating and validating user flows, wireframes, and high-fidelity mockups in Figma.
- Collaborating with the frontend developer to implement platform changes.
- Updating key documentation in Figma.
Desired skills and experience
- 3-5 years of experience in digital product design or a related field. You have previously created user experiences for software products that are intuitive and accessible. Past experience developing business-to-business software-as-a-service (B2B SaaS) applications is an asset.
- Deep expertise in creating 508-compliant products and experiences. Knowledge of standards and processes for developing accessible government software solutions is a plus.
- Advanced proficiency with design and prototyping tools such as Figma and Adobe Creative Suite. Ability to apply strong typography, layout, and design fundamentals across a range of industry-standard tools and platforms.
- Experience in concepting and prototyping (from low to high fidelity). Demonstrated expertise in wireframing, information architecture, and visual communication.
- Experience in user testing and validation, including conducting interviews and synthesizing findings.
- Strong project management, people management, and communication skills. Experience advocating for users and articulating design intent to teams and clients.
Does this sound like you?
Apply with a resume, a cover letter, and a thoughtful selection of your work in a portfolio.
No recruiting agencies, please.