You care about the impact your work has on the world and have been looking for a career path that is both high-performance and high-impact. You are passionate about working at the intersection of emerging technologies and the problems that matter.
As a design strategist at Luminary Labs, you will serve as our most senior Design & Insights team member and be responsible for both client-facing and internal Luminary Labs projects.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Complexity busting: Serve as provocative problem-solver, helping our consulting team to structure information and identify common threads. Quickly and intuitively grasp client goals and advise on human-centered approaches to workstreams like problem definition, goal alignment, and roadmap development.
- Storytelling: Serve as creative voice across strategy engagements, collaborating with our consulting team to develop high-quality client deliverables through different forms of storytelling (e.g., presentations, digital assets, infographics, illustrations, data visualizations).
- Workshops and research: Design and facilitate participatory workshops, stakeholder interviews, user research, and prototyping exercises.
- Ideation: Collaborate with consulting staff to develop a creative vision and facilitate divergent, generative thinking in project phases that require a new approach.
- Synthesis: Work with consulting staff to uncover novel insights from first- or second-hand research—including raw data, surveys, interview testimonials, and readings.
- Creative direction: Serve as in-house creative director for client-facing projects, including print materials, digital graphics, videos, photography, websites, and other deliverables.
- Design leadership: Lead our Design & Insights team, supervising current on staff Designer and developing the future vision and structure of the team.
- Marketing: Collaborate with our marketing and thought leadership teams to develop and express the Luminary Labs brand and capabilities across platforms.
- Brand standards: Shape the Luminary Labs style guide and visual language.
- Skill-building: Support the team in developing their own design skills by sharing knowledge and best practices with the staff and working with colleagues one-on-one.
- A total of 7 – 10+ years of experience; at least 4 working in design and strategy for an executive audience
- Proven leader who knows how to grow and inspire a team; passionate about the career trajectory of those around you
- Thrives in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Super-flexible, adaptable, realistic, practical, and agile
- Highly collaborative; gives and takes direction and feedback well
- Blue-sky thinker with experience leading creative brainstorming sessions
- Compelling storyteller across a range of formats — written word, imagery, spoken word
- Strong grounding in human-centered design methodology and experience applying these methodologies to research and workshops
- Experience with and interest in a range of design disciplines, including graphic design, service design, experience design, and design research
- Ability to organize and simplify complex concepts and research using a range of frameworks and visual structures
- Clean design aesthetic with a strong eye for typography and images
- Superior attention to detail
Candidates must be authorized to work in the US. No agencies please.
Investing in people is a high priority.
- Competitive compensation and formal bonus structure
- Health benefits package (80% of premium is covered for health, dental, and vision)
- Competitive vacation package
- Paid family leave
- 401k plan with matching
- Pre-tax transit check
- Cell-phone reimbursement
- Fitness reimbursement
- Education stipend and growth opportunities
- Charitable donation matching
- Opportunities to mentor and be mentored