Luminary Labs is seeking an experienced Office Manager to support our operational and administrative needs. This is a full-time role, reporting to the Head of Operations and working closely with the CEO, Head of Client Services, and all staff members.
You have a positive, can-do approach and attitude and thrive in a small and collaborative environment. As the first impression for candidates, clients, and partners, you take pride in representing the company and know how to make every guest feel welcome. People say that you are creative, and have a keen sense for taste and quality.
You strive to maintain an organized and efficient workplace, and your prioritization, time management, and follow-up skills are top notch. You ask the right questions and have a strong ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
Trajectory is important for you and your next-next is a larger role within the field of operations. Maybe you aspire to manage a larger office, take on a department of operations, or serve as a Chief of Staff.
People love to have you on their team. You love to be part of a team.
Role and Responsibilities
- Oversee the front desk: answer phone, greet and accommodate clients/visitors, receive incoming deliveries – make every guest feel welcome.
- Manage office needs and day-to-day operations of the facility, ensuring that the office is maintained with the highest level of care and quality and fully stocked with supplies.
- Manage relationships with vendors, service providers and building super.
- Liaise with building management and maintenance to ensure that any issues are resolved quickly with little disruption to employees.
- Contribute to the office aesthetic.
- Maintain the appearance of common areas, conference rooms, kitchen and storage area. Ensure the office is clean and presentable at all times. Serve as company contact for outside cleaning company.
- Supervise the maintenance of office equipment, including copier/printer, computers and software.
- Coordinate and plan office events and on-site client meetings.
- Complete monthly credit card and company expense reconciliation.
- Research and create travel itineraries and book staff travel.
- Provide direct support to CEO and Head of Client Services as needed, including setting appointments, calendar, travel, expense filing, etc.
- Create processes to streamline office management duties.
- Ad hoc requests as needed.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 2+ years of office management experience; administrative experience helpful
- Experience working in a small office environment (15-50 employees)
- Superior attention to detail, research, organizational and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Stellar communications skills, both in-person and in-writing
- Tech savvy with deep experience with Mac OS, Google Docs, Dropbox, MS Office and other web-based applications
- Super-flexible, adaptable, realistic, practical, and agile
- Thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Professional, loyal, and discreet
- Bachelor’s degree
- Competitive compensation and formal bonus structure
- Health benefits package (80% of premium is covered for health, dental, and vision)
- Paid family leave
- 401k plan with matching
- Pre-tax transit chek
- Cell-phone reimbursement
- Fitness reimbursement
- Education stipend and growth opportunities
- Charitable donation matching
- Good coffee & tea
Luminary Labs is an established boutique strategy and innovation consultancy located in the Flatiron District of NYC. We work with Fortune 500, non-profit, and government leaders to address the problems that matter, including stemming chronic disease, pathogen detection, the future of work, closing the skill gap, digital transformation, eradicating labor trafficking, the advancement of science, piloting programs, and moonshot investment thesis formation.
We are extraordinarily efficient so that you can live your life.
Does this sound like you?
Send your resume and cover letter to work (at) luminary-labs (dot) com and specify what position you are seeking in the subject line. In your cover letter, share with us three examples of your efforts maintaining or improving an office environment. Let us know your salary expectations and availability for employment.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the US.
No agencies please.