Luminary Labs is seeking a full-time Art Director to create engaging experiences for executive audiences.
A strategic designer and thinker, you are known for understanding business audiences and asking the hard questions. Your craftsmanship is exceptional, and you take pride in translating complex subjects into compelling experiences for executives – both off and online. PowerPoint is not a dirty word. You easily adapt to new situations, collaborating across teams and subjects fluidly.
You care about the impact your work has on the world and look for a career path that is both high-performance and high-impact. Your next-next move is creative director, and you’re looking for the opportunity to own the vision and tell stories in new ways.
People love to have you on their team. You love to be part of a team.
Role and Responsibilities
- Work with our consulting team to design materials through different forms of storytelling – digital assets, presentations, infographics, illustrations, data visualizations, photography
- Maintain the Luminary Labs visual style guide
- Ensure that client deliverables align with existing style guides, while creating a “Luminary” feel
- Collaborate with consulting staff to develop creative vision for deliverables, and ensure follow through
- Maintain relationships with freelance creative talent, assigning projects externally as needed
Desired Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of experience designing for an executive audience, both off and online
- Superior attention to detail
- Background designing for B2B editorial, consulting, or thought leadership strongly preferred
- Comfortable assigning deliverables to freelance talent when appropriate
- Clean design aesthetic with a strong eye for typography and creative photography
- Experience producing charts, infographics, and data visualizations
- Highly collaborative; takes direction and feedback well
- Expertise in Microsoft PowerPoint and Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator
Does this sound like you?
- Competitive compensation and formal bonus structure
- Health benefits package (80% of premium is covered for health, dental, and vision)
- Paid family leave
- 401k plan with matching
- Pre-tax transit chek
- Cell-phone reimbursement
- Fitness reimbursement
- Education stipend and growth opportunities
- Charitable donation matching
- Good coffee & tea
Send your resume, portfolio, and cover letter to work (at) luminary-labs (dot) com and specify what position you are seeking in the subject line. In your cover letter, show us three relevant examples of your work for an executive audience. Let us know your salary expectations and availability for employment.
If you are looking for freelance projects, please indicate this in the subject line and include your rate.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the US.
No agencies please.
Luminary Labs is an established boutique strategy and innovation consultancy located in the Flatiron District of NYC. We work with Fortune 500, non-profit, and government leaders to address the problems that matter, including stemming chronic disease, pathogen detection, the future of work, closing the skill gap, digital transformation, eradicating labor trafficking, the advancement of science, piloting programs, and moonshot investment thesis formation.
We are extraordinarily efficient so that you can live your life.